At their annual general meeting last week, the Revelstoke Credit Union announced the recipients of the 2022 Community Giving donations program. $125,000 in funding has been distributed to 41 different projects.
$71,500 of these funds, in varying amounts, is designated for programs around the community, while $53,500 will go towards legacy type projects like the Revelstoke Skatepark Shade Sail Project, Revelstoke Library family area upgrades, Illuminate Revelstoke, and more.
In the past four years, over $250,000 has gone to infrastructure projects throughout the city through Community Giving programs and donations, which supported heritage, recreation, medical services, social services, the arts, and athletic endeavours in town.
This year’s Community Giving Capital Projects:
- Stoke Youth Network: City of Revelstoke – Revelstoke Skatepark Shade Sail Project ($5,000)
- Revelstoke Fabrication Lab Society – Idea Factory technology infrastructure acquisition ($5,000)
- Revelstoke Nordic Ski Club – Electrical upgrade/expansion ($8,500)
- Revelstoke Rod & Gun Club – New range office facility ($15,000)
- Revelstoke Heritage Railway Society – Improving fire safety and upgrading communications ($5,000)
- Revelstoke Illuminate Spirit Society – Illuminate Revelstoke Phase 2 ($5,000)
- ORL Revelstoke Branch Revelstoke – Library family area shelving and seating upgrades ($10,000)